Home-Start supports families from all sectors of the community and for many varied reasons.
Volunteers support families (who have at least one child under five),in their own home. We offer a flexible approach, which can hopefully meet the individual needs of each family.
Volunteers are carefully matched to a family and then visit for approximately three hours a week.
Volunteers help by listening and offering companionship, as well as practical help. They may help with things like: keeping appointments, playing with the children or simply providing another pair of hands.
There is no time limit to our support. Staff will visit families regularly to review the service until everybody agrees that the family is able to cope on its own.
Home-Start can help families in the following circumstances:
- The family have given their consent
- The family has at least one child under the age of five
- The family is suffering stress or experiencing difficulties (whatever the reason)
- The family feels valued and in control of the decision to accept the support offered.
- The family must live in one of the following areas: Stirling, Raploch, Cornton, Bridge of Allan, Dunblane, St Ninians, Bannockburn, Fallin, Cowie or Plean.